View Single Post
Old 29th April 2006, 08:24
Enthusiast

kartman is on a distinguished road

Let me throw my ideas on the fire.....

I think the Cobra and LSIS market have a future....these are designs which mainstream manufacturers are unlikely to produce a similar article. These is someway have become 'lifestyle' products (hate that word....) which people aspire to. LSIS is suffering from over supply with regard to the number of manufacturers at the moment which will shake itself out. Cobra's will start using BMW's as bases........LSIS probably MX5. Individual design (eg 5EXi/Mojo) should be OK as well.

Anything that looks like a car you can buy from a mainstream manufacturer will have a challenge. Why spend two years building something in your shed when you can spend the same (or less money) and buy something with all the R & D of a major motor manufacturer. There is the satisfaction factor, but is that enough? The next generation (I call them the Max Power bunch) do not want to get there hands dirty in the way people have in the past. They want to buy, not build. Therefore I think.....

The future lies with panel kits - either Banham style (cut the body off) or Veranti style (repanel) kits. This makes them more appealing to people who are not keen on building a complete car, and leaves the complicated mechanicals/electrics in place, so once finished has all the 'goodies' (ABS, etc) people want.

Just my thoughts of course.....