View Single Post
Old 5th September 2015, 09:44

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

Levelling is actually a tricky one and I can see the more you think about it the more of a worry it becomes. Axle stands under the body is the obvious but then the suspension won't be under correct load for measurements. Does the drive slope both ways? Ifmit where mine I think I would level front to back on the high side using ply wood pads or similar then to get left to right and still have a level reference use a scaffold board plank that goes under front and rear wheel raised on bricks or blocks to the correct height.that would give a measuring point to the board.and hopefully keep load on the suspension. You could run a string line from the tyre bottom of the wheel that is only raised a little to the one that is sat at drive level. I maybe being excessively stupid here so has anyone an easier idea? Scaffold boars s are surprisingly cheap or you can hire 13' ones for pennies. Ask the hire shop or scaffolders they may even have damaged planks that will be long enough. That reminds me I need a few for my tower. Ed