View Single Post
Old 11th September 2015, 16:42

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Very Little Progress To Report:
Managed to get as far as bringing the wiring loom out to play.

As I need to work out the best route for the rear wiring loom to take to/from this connection to the main loom.

I spent a bit of time looking at the various options available, trying to find the easiest one to do.

Then I realised that I needed to work out how I was going to make the cockpit water tight first.

There are currently gaps at the floor level (excuse all the filler dust I haven't cleaned up yet ).

And between the bulkhead and the body shell.

So I started messing around with some cardboard to see what my options might be.

The floor area should be straight forward enough.

But the sides will need to be done in steps, starting with filling the gap at the side.

Because then the body shell extension will need to join to the Spitfire bulkhead here.

Note:
The card completely covers the bulkhead "shelf", but the actual join will not be this deep.

Overall, I think I will be able to provide a "dry" area for the cables to run through.

Hopefully I will get a chance to spend some more time on this over the weekend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Storage Crisis - Part 2:
I've spent a lot of time sorting out piles of stuff, not helped by rain arriving one day when everything was out on the lawn!

Here are some of the car related boxes that have to live in the shed.

But least there is now room in the shed for them and 4 push bikes.

The back of the Summer House is still a graveyard for old metal, fibreglass and insulation foam.

But at least you can actually get into the Summer House itself now.

I still need to sort out the contents of some of the boxes, but that can wait for now.

Visual Progress:
It dawned on me that I'd posted a photo of what the body shell & bonnet originally looked like the other day.

So I thought a side by side comparison would be a good way to see just how far I have come.

Before:

After:

I know it has taken me a very long time to reach this shape, but the good news is that I really like it.

Until next time, take care, Paul.