View Single Post
Old 19th July 2016, 20:29

Paul L is on a distinguished road

"Real" Work:
Without wishing to get into the politics/details of it, Brexit has left my current project with a £100m+ 'EU shaped' hole in its budget.
Which means, understandably, that until the dust settles on final funding/specifications, my personal workload is very unstable at the moment.
So I was in the client's office yesterday, but back in "stand by" mode today and I currently have no idea what I will be doing tomorrow.
Whilst this isn't really what I'd hoped for when I switched to "freelancing" in January, I'll give it a few more months to see if things improve.
In the mean time, thankfully, my finances are solid, so I am happy to keep taking advantage of any free time I have to work on the car…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sweaty Tuesday - Part 1:
Was washing my normal car first thing in the morning to remove a layer of Sahara dust before taking it to the garage.

As the air-con packed up the other day as soon as the first really hot days of Summer finally arrived.

I threw my mountain bike in the back and it was a 20 min cycle home and I couldn't believe how hot it was this early in the morning.

Back at my "garage", I checked the grille against the bonnet opening.

The driver's side was good.

But the passenger side needs to be a bit deeper.

But before I started sorting that out, I added some masking tape around the grille like so.

The idea was to show where the outside edges of the grille had been cut to shape.

Then I finished sanding the fibreglass filler around the bonnet opening.

The driver's side is now done.

But the passenger side needs more work.

So it was fibreglass filler Round #3.

With the grille removed, I could add a matching layer of masking tape on the other side.

End of Part 1…