View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 18:40

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wednesday Continued - Part 2:
I decided to stick at the front end of the car for my next job, as I tried to find out why the side lights are not working.

Removed the headlight, so I could get access to the side light bulb.

Checked the bulb using my old battery and that is fine.

Then I dragged the battery outside with a couple of wires to help me test the loom itself.

Please forgive the connecting blocks, they were installed as part of my previous electrical testing.

But by putting power directly to the loom at this point, the side light came on.

This was on the passenger side, so I went back to the split of the front loom at the driver's side.

Again, if I connected the battery to the connecting blocks, the driver's side light came on.

Not easy to see in the photo, but the side light on the passenger side also came on.

So the problem is going to be somewhere behind the dash.

I did take a brief look under the dash, but I just couldn't face dealing with all the wires in there in the heat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sun was blazing down over head, but the weather forecast mentioned the chance of a heavy shower.

So I decided to rebuild my wooden tonneau cover, which was originally a single piece.

But I rebuilt it as two separate sections and as long as it worked, I didn't care what it looked like.

I also added some cross bracing underneath with what ever I could find lying around.

These should keep me going until the steering wheel is permanently fitted.

End of Part 2…