Thread: 250 SWB On Ebay
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2017, 09:59

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I think Jeff is only intending to take a mould so he can make a lighter front end in a similar way that he did to the small bonnet.
Trouble with forums is that things can so easily be taken in the wrong context.

One of the things I like about my Tribute is the fact that it is laid up heavily, to me this would equate to strength but I can see why Jeff made the small bonnet lighter and think that as it is an unstressed part it is a good idea.

When Chris started the 250's he was in uncharted territory, as kits have been finished problems have shown up and with the help of people posting the problems, they have been sorted or work arounds formulated. In an ideal world as soon as a problem is sorted a new mould should be made but obviously this would be far too expensive and just not practical. It is important I feel to keep the kits to an affordable price.

I have enjoyed every moment of my build, all problems were relatively small and when you find a work around very satisfying.
The idea of building a kit on a rusty old Herald or Spitfire just doesn't appeal to me, I've spent too many years working on rusty old cars. The idea of building a kit from scratch is appealing but I would probably get a custodial sentence when dealing with some jobsworth during the IVA examination. Rebodying a Z3 or MX5 just makes so much sense.
I would love to do another with the experience learnt on this one I feel it would be a quick and superior build.