View Single Post
Old 25th September 2012, 22:18
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
I next need to check the position of the exhaust manifolds and pipe exit but then I think I've probably gone as far as I can with the engine fit POC so I think it'll be more dismantling next week.
Week 5 progress report......

Well, I've checked the exhaust manifold and there is no issue, except that my trusty Fuji camera, that I've used since 2003, finally died so I didn't get a picture.

I have also dismantled, cleaned and painted the hood frame. This is now all wrapped up and stored away for the future.

Hood Frame by marlinpeter, on Flickr

I've also cleaned up and labelled the loom.

Wiring loom by marlinpeter, on Flickr

So back to the great dismantling.....

I have removed the drivers door to help access other parts to be removed.

Drivers door off by marlinpeter, on Flickr

You can see in the picture above that I have now removed the heater and windscreen wiper and wheel boxes, etc.

I have also removed the steering wheel and column.....

Steering column removed by marlinpeter, on Flickr

Next, I need to clean up and paint the steering column which has a lot of superficial rust.
I am also going to try to remove the windscreen glass. The screen is BS Kite Marked but not European Type 43 R marked. I believe the IVA has an exemption in place to April 2013 to allow BS marked glass. If this is extended then I will refit the screen glass. If not, I will use the old glass as a template to get a new one made up with the appropriate 'E' mark.

I also need to organise some more storage space as I'm running out of space for storing the body parts removed.

...peter