View Single Post
Old 5th June 2015, 13:24

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mr T, Ed, Gary, Swifty & Jones - Thanks gentlemen.

I guess condensing almost 70 pages of this build thread into 6 posts was always going to be a bit of a challenge.

The good news is that the review, along with taking a short break from the car, has allowed me to regroup in a positive way.
( As the sheer weight of things left to do really got to me, especially with all the other stuff going on at the same time. )

So going forward, this build will return to being my "hobby", something that I will try to work on in my spare time.

I will also try harder not to let any thoughts of a deadline enter my head and just accept it will take as long as it takes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Other Cordite/Navigator Builds:
I think 15 Cordite MkIs were sold before the Navigator/Cordite MkII replaced it, but I don't know how many of those were sold.
( Does anyone know this figure? )

As far as I know, DonnySoutherner has the only Cordite MkI on the road.
Although the silver Ribble demonstrator was sold unfinished & I don't know what happened to that.
Nellieb appears to getting there and I know life got in the way of a couple of Cordite MkI builders (as it does).

As for Navigators/Cordite MkIIs, the red Ribble LHD version had an MOT and Mac is now on the road too.
Swifty is catching up fast, and last I heard Micky1mo was trying to sell his Navigator hybrid.
Apart from that, I don't think there are any other Navigator builders on the forum.
( But I am happy to be corrected / reminded of any others. )

Also on the road is wharfedale's one off "Spitfire Spyder" special, which pre-dates the Cordite.

So, even if I have missed a few, a finished Spitfire based Sammio/Ribble is still a very rare sight indeed.

Therefore I just need to be patient while I slowly work my way towards joining this elite group of cars.

Although, after all my body shell butchery, I'm actually going to be the inbred hilly billy cousin of the family.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Until next time (which might even include some car building work ), take care, Paul.