View Single Post
Old 13th June 2015, 04:41

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Micky1Mo - That is one serious "cut & shut" job!

Where did the Navigator body come from, as I thought the moulds were not useable?

Actually, following on from my previous post, you don't know how many Navigator kits were made do you?

Either way, looking forward to seeing the finished Scimitar version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That Was The Week That Was...
A bit of a belated catch up from me and without any of my planned car work to show.

Although last Saturday I did have a small construction project turning this box of bits...

Into one of these.

As my family wanted to have a BBQ for the 4 of us on Sunday and our old BBQ had finally bitten the dust.

In fact, the last time I used it, I had to bodge a bit of metal from my Spitfire "left over" pile to bridge a corroded section.

Note:
I do not actually recommend temporary repairs on something where gas and flames are combined.

The good news is that whilst the new BBQ has a similar "foot print" to the old one, it has a much bigger cooking area.

So Sunday the BBQ was christened and we had a nice relaxing family day.

On Monday I got the news that all my work checks had been completed and I started in Canary Wharf on Tuesday!

So this has turned into a long week, as my return to the rat race has played havoc with my sleep.
( Long hours in front of twin computer screens has left me waking up at all hours. )

This morning was no exception, so I've been typing up loads of forum replies and will post them now before going back to bed!

Quite by chance there is an open air car show in Canary Wharf at the moment and I loved the Jaguar stand.

This twin tail pipe set up makes my pipes look like pea shooters.

But best of all I got to see their "Project 7" car.

And this is what a proper "boot lid through the aero hump" design is supposed to look like.

Having said that, I don't thing this Jaguar was put together on their driveway.

It would be nice if I could get at least a token gesture of car work done this weekend.

But we will have to see, cheers, Paul.