Thread: Sammio for sale
View Single Post
Old 13th December 2018, 21:11

Paul L is on a distinguished road

In General - I really don’t understand the fuss around someone trying to sell a car.

There is no requirement to buy any car, so if you think it is not value for money, buy something else.

If you think you could build one to a better standard yourself for less money, then go ahead.

It is largely a free world after all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alan – Sorry to pick on your logic in particular, but we’ve had this debate a number of times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHogg View Post
…I also find it hard to accept the asking price for these cars considering the underpinnings…
Surely the finished car can be worth more than the sum of its parts?

Or should this $200 million painting be described based on its underpinnings, which is just some paint thrown onto a canvas afterall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHogg View Post
… Take a look at a Marlin Cabrio or Sportster which in the case of the former can be had for less than half the price and it's a no brainer...
Its only a ‘no brainer’ if the look of the Marlin appeals to you more than the look of the Sammio.

Seeing a Marlin didn't inspire me to build a kit car, but seeing just photos of a Spyder did!

Also, I do understand all the arguments about running gear and performance, etc.

But on that basis, my wife’s Kia Picanto outperforms my car in pretty much every measurable area.

However, her car is completely anonymous, whereas my car turns heads and gets a very positive reaction.

So I really believe that my car is worth more than the sum of its parts, but also accept it is not for everyone.

Mike – Follow Mister Towed’s advice and double the price for a quick sale.

Peace and goodwill to all, Paul.