View Single Post
Old 8th February 2014, 15:12

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hi I have a similar issue to yourself but I was ripped off by CR so know exactly what the company was like & Gordon Ainsby in particular.
My car body I have now cut in two just at the front of the cill, it also had some metal angle 1" bonded to the screen uprights and welded ( badly) to the body.
I cut this also to remove the front. Then about 10 rivets holding the back on.
With them both removed I got a clear picture of the chassis. All the welds are messy and there are a huge amount of them. Heavy box tube has been used and the thing is clonky. A friend of mine who banger races says it looks more like what they make for that or a Landy.
The faults are endless, geometry out etc. Gordon Ainsby is Lucky non of his car ever made it to the road straight from him or he'd have killed some poor unsuspecting customer. I do know now of one that is roadworthy but this guy spend a fortune having the car overhauled & effectively rebuilt. He also has his as a La mans Replica and it's going to shows.
My advice would be to forget Classic replicas & have no dealings at all with Gordon Ainsby. Instead speak to Cuscu or Dehaviland Motors.
Get the chassis checked before you start or you will waste a lot of money.
Good luck.