View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:01

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I thought you might pop up mate !!

I know what you are saying TS . I kind of agree in some respects ...when it arrived , I was knocked back a bit . It is a decent car , but the customer said he wanted to start with the best example he could afford . He's only asked for me to fit the kit and hang a few bits etc and he will finish it . From a financial stand point , he wasn't looking to spend thousands restoring something before we started .

From a restorers point of view , they are always going to say that whatever state the car , restore it . And if someone restores their chassis and running gear to a high level , the argument will be put an original body on it ...I guess ..An argument thats only going to be fueled more by rising values and diminishing numbers of Heralds and Vitesses .

For now , though , restoration costs are still ecxceeding car values on Heralds and some Vitesses , so donor duties are justified . Financially speaking , as well , The retro kit cars and Classic re-bodies are increasing in value too , alongside the classic car market , so peoples investments are safe ...

A S*mmio changed hands recently in Europe for 25,000 euro's .

But I do understand your comment TS.

The upside for restorers though , is they will have a nice stash of parts coming off the car , no one ever seems to complain about where there much needed spares are coming from !!