View Single Post
Old 4th March 2017, 16:44

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Not a lot done

While I was out on Thursday afternoon my 8'x4' sheet of 12mm plywood arrived, which my son helpfully stowed in the man cave. Yesterday was a washout, the only progress I made was to walk to Argos and collect my grille mesh and headlamp pods.

This morning, being fine, I was down in the man cave early, where my ply sheet had blown over and partly lost its cover, fortunately doing no damage. I decided to cut it in two so that I could access my bench, against which it had been leaning.

I re-checked the measurements I'd made of the seats and boot floor and cut out 1/10 scale templates which I shuffled around on a similarly scaled paper ply sheet until I had the optimum layout. I then marked the bisecting line and hand sawed it into two. The frame of my granddaughters swing came in handy here as a support, and the two pieces now fit in the shed.

I'd hoped to make a start on the boot floor but in the absence of my son to assist in body removal (Burke and Hare?) and heavy showers I had to content myself with replacing the lairy number plate bolts and walking to Machine Mart for some wood blades for my jigsaw.

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 8th March 2017 at 08:32..