View Single Post
Old 16th November 2017, 18:57

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

It was getting dark again before I got a chance to take some pictures ..but managed a few ...

Space frame augment nearly done ...need to work out shifter , handbrake and do some ally cladding etc....but tubework shaping up quite nicely ..

I have framed up the engine bay too ..taking framework from the front main hoop , across the bulkheads attaching itself to the suspension towers and forming a frame to support the radiator before locating itself on the front chassis rails which will also be utilized in the fabrication of the tilt front mechanism ...this will be added to the front of what I have done so far ..it needs to go quite a bit forward from this point into the pout area as the hinges need to be low and forward to allow the front valance to clear any obstacles as it opens ...

Apologies for crappy pictures ..but this shows the steering and pedal layout.
I am using Triumph pedals and master cylinders as I have mimicked a Vitesse / Herald bulkhead , so I know the pedals will workout out at the correct height etc.
M/cylinders shown ..pedals to come and not sure what accelerator to use yet...
The steering column is the stock Scimitar one , mounted virtually horizontal which I am really pleased about as the Maserati is the same ...

Its mounted on its original mount bolted to a box section frame under the dash , a benneli clamp welded to a bracket on the bulkhead thats attached to the tubular framework as well , and changes direction using a stock u/j and is mounted to an extended stock Scimitar lower shaft with a sleeved joint supported by a pillow block bearing ...

Final picture shows the bonnet in place at the right height but slid forward to give an idea of the stretch involved ...when its mounted , I will roll it outside to take better pictures .....

Last edited by lancelot link; 16th November 2017 at 19:11..