Thread: sammio at last!
View Single Post
Old 12th April 2015, 10:21

jmc14 is on a distinguished road

Hello Neil, I've built a number of cars over the years. 1 from a kit, the others scratch built. It's my passion and therapy.

Years ago I was hit by a car that was stuck on full throttle and driven into 3 cars with me in between. I suffered serious leg injuries, shoulder injuries, and a head injury. The head injury has caused memory issues and some other problems. I've had 5 surgeries to walk.

Last year I had a full knee and shoulder replacement surgery scheduled. But, I had a sudden, complete blockage of the main artery to the heart. The heart attack almost did me in. It was my second one within months. I was lucky that I was close to a hospital and was able to be saved.

I'm a severe insulin dependent diabetic. I'm facing the loss of my feet, heart surgery, and the original knee and shoulder surgery, and oral surgery too! Ok, now I'm depressed. Actually, I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I've been selling off all of my projects and tools and getting my things organized for my wife and kids. I went to my shop yesterday to do some work on my Cobra but had to quit as I was experiencing chest pains.

I'm glad that you are feeling better and it's great that you are able to work some on your cars. Good luck to you. John