View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 17:38

Mars'69 is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike, thanks for your message.

First of all, my build is a 2cv so a little different as compared to Herald version..
Beware when you cut out a large booth like I did. There is tension in the fiberglass body and once you cut it it can have a different fitting. So before doing so, make a frame underneath the boot and support the body as much as possible around the edges of the booth lid. Mine needs some adjustment but will be OK I think. Initially I tried to use the 2CV door hinges and mounted everything. However, it needed too much space for the hinge and I decided to try it with standard "house door" hinges.. That works very well and needs very little room.
Installing the hump is tricky as well because the 2nd hump I got (which I wanted to use for the left side) is identical as the right one and they are not symmetrical.. So one side will have a big gap which you need to fill up.
I first aligned it properly, drew a line for the cut out and then started cutting. It fitted quite well although I had to do some trimming and filling.

I really like the looks of the double hump and the car looks great when boot lid is opened. It also will be very practical, the opening is really big. The only real problem is that the headrest will touch the seats when you open the lid so you also have to hinge the seat of the headrest. I will hinge the headrest.

Let me know if you have some additional questions and I'm interested to see how it came out..

image-2.jpg
Afbeelding 4.jpg
foto-1.jpg
image-3.jpg
image-9.jpg

I'll make some new pictures so you can see a bit more,

cheers!

Marcel