Thread: Build progress
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2005, 17:09
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Since the last post we've fitted the gearbox cross member - that was bit of pain getting the holes in the right place!! Got there in the end though so the car is movable on the build stands again!

The brake servo/master cylinder/pedals are clamped in for test fit. I think I am going to have to move the whole assembly to the left over the standard location. There's not much room for the accelerator to move, and i would like a bit more room for my feet too. I think I am going to have to bend the brake pedal bit so there is more gap between it and the accelerator.

Also today we recieved new rear brake spash plates so I went about installing them. Needed holes cutting in them - this was due me not wanting to take the hubs off. Enough has been take off for the plate to go past the back of the hub leaving all the handbrake assembly parts and the brake hose braket in place.

Also eye'd up where to put the gear lever, i think I am going move the handbrake handle a bit to give more room for the gear lever. I am waiting for Marlin to send the steering rack back to me again then I can position the wheel, hand brake and gear lever all at the same time