View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 14:25

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Roadster - Cheers.

Mr T - Thanks and I'm sure there will be an interesting true story behind the D24 bonnet locks.

Gary - It is your point about the cars from that era being quite basic that gives me some comfort.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dark Clouds - Literal and Metaphorical:
This run of rain is seriously getting me down, as I just can't seem to make any decent progress at all.

So at some point I will try to work on the boot lid independently from the rest of the car.

So my first job was to seal off both the boot & the cockpit.

As there is no way of sanding this corner down without making a real mess.

And this is the area I want to skim with filler after sanding.

This one is for JeffH.

As by now the dark clouds meant that I couldn't risk starting the filler work and then getting caught in the rain before it set (again).

So the covers went back on the car at the front and I retreated to the SummerHouse, which is a complete mess (again).

I dismantled the bolt locks, sanded them down and gave them a coat of etch primer.
( As if they are going to get used, they will definitely be painted BRG. )

Despite all the gloom with the weather, as least this view of my 'workshop' made me smile.
( As it puts the reality of my facilities and build quality standards into context. )

By the time the rain finally came I'd cleared enough space to store the boot lid for now.
( Further tidying up is required before I will have enough room to do any work in there. )

Since then, the sunshine and showers keep swapping places so often that the day is a write off.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
Froggyman & Swifty - Sorry chaps, I only just noticed your replies as I was about to post this update.

So all I can say is thank you both, and everyone else who is still encouraging me towards the finish line.