View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 11:00

Egdik is on a distinguished road
Default Hopping about . . .

The car was collected from the grp finishing and painting shop on April 28th and delivered to the Rustbusters in Spalding on Monday 30th. The underbody was epoxy coated and waxed in the cavities, as we hope to keep the car for some years . . . my son has ambitions to drive it after I stop !

For Stoneleigh I got it back on the road, but still well short of finalised. When it is finished, then lots of photos will be posted.

At Stoneleigh it was notable that 30% floor space in the main halls was empty. Fewer people everywhere. Some stands packed up and went home on Sunday evening.

Modern cars are so good / reliable / long lasting / cheap after 6 - 7 years, such that most people never learn car diy. Might this mean kitcars are on the wane ? 'Kitcar' went under a year ago. Two magazines left.

DNA out of business, but the top end market looks ok. Tribute probably missed Stoneleigh due to the expense and time, spent on publicity, not being rewarded.

But if you desire something special, you can still do it.

If one of these so called new DB5 Astons is £500,000 - how about a grp body on a 3 series bm ?