View Single Post
Old 19th October 2012, 13:24
Kit Car Dreamer

martin butler is on a distinguished road

It been a few months since my last post, so here goes
The body is now back on the chassis and bolted down the car was transported to my home some 2 weeks ago, i had to abandon my plans , throw everything back together how it was because everything had to be moved and i'm now installing carpets and seats, wiring loom is in place for sidelights and indicators just needs sticking down under the carpet where it runs inside the tub , a few things have come to light since my last post, concerning the registration, it was on the road and the registration has been lost , but the owners club are sure it can be retreaved so its likily that i will avoid IVA .
Iv'e got an crossflow 1300 for it, this is currenty stripped down and is in very good condition , needing only new gaskets and seals .the previous engine i lost out to someone else
At the moment i am quite advanced, and the outstanding work is as follows,
finish dash, needs wiring up and switches putting in, engine to be installed,
rear springs have to come out again for rebushing, as one bush was found to have worn oval , upper spring shackle bush set needs to be changed .
my time span now is to complete it at home, and have it ready for april next year