View Single Post
Old 1st November 2015, 19:34
Enthusiast

pompeyal is on a distinguished road
Default Headlights and Front Wings

Well I have been pondering on and off about the headlight originally fitted to the McCoy, they do start to grow on you after looking at them for so long, but you here from people, clan owners as well that they preferred the rectangular head lights that were fitted to them, well yes I think I agree they do look better than the round ones, I also looked into having pop up headlight so I got some from a Mx-5 but when trying to fit them, I discovered with having the Honda engine in the bay they would not fit, so they are for sale, then I decided I wanted to change the front styling so got a new pair of motorcycle rectangular head lights that would nicely fit..

So I started and cut off one of the healight pods to see how they would look..

OK they would work so I started to put some shape into the wing using expanded foam…

Hmm that may work.. but I would have liked them lower in the wing so I reworked the foam and glassed in flush following the wing shape

No.. I had another thought, that’s trying to be too much like a clan, so the I thought about twin projectors, so I ripped out what I had done and had a re-think…

So out came the card..

That could work, it measures up and a pair should fit in there.. but first I had to build up the inner wing which had previously cut away to accommodate the sub-frame to cover the near side engine mount..

With that done I set off to reshape the wing, firstly getting some perforated aluminium, cutting it to shape, covering it in cling film and clamping it in place

Then fibre glassing in…