View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015, 21:05

jones is on a distinguished road

So today was disjointed, firstly took the front wheels to my buddy to have the new tyres fitted, unfortunately what would have been a quick 15mins round the corner ended up being 45 minutes and just one wheel to show for it. The second tyre would not pop the bead into place. We soaked it and soaped it in an attempt to fit it but alas no cigar. I left the wheel with them and headed home, my next door neighbours son was out trying to fit lowering springs on his car using a scissor jack and no stands. This was a small error on my part to give a lending hand and trolley jack etc for the cause. I stayed close and gave him a hand as and when needed but stayed well back so he could learn and have pride in doing it himself.

So I managed to get on and tackle my headlining project which I am pleased to say i have finally seen the light and it will work well I hope both in looks and serviceability.

This next bit is a public service warning... Be careful as to how you store your shell over the course of a build. as you may have seen from previous posts I tuck my car away under a tarp and tied down with ratchet straps. This in itself is not an error, however how tightly I strapped it down was, over the months this has warped the body a little out of shape. The good news after a very helpful phone conversation with Chris I went out and got some long bolts and large washers, this enabled me to gently torque them up bit by bit and pull the rear of the body back into line. Phewwwww!

no pictures today but if the weather is good tomorrow I will post some.

Last edited by jones; 17th September 2015 at 21:11..