View Single Post
Old 29th August 2005, 17:08
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark and Ferg,
You’re right, but even the latest anorexic Which Twit Car? has 6 advertisements for AhhhVD. Claims such as “advanced engineering”, “finely engineered”, “delightfully easy to drive”, “light, responsive, user-friendly” and “hugely strong” are still common currency. The clear impression given is of a well-sorted product from an established, reputable (even clever???) manufacturer.

As a result of such misleading claims; a number of people have purchased Pythons and are presumably continuing to do so - otherwise why are they continuing with the advertisements?

I’d like to know how these customers shall overcome the ‘bite-less’ steering and ‘wince-inducing crashes’ that are evident even at ‘leisurely-lope’ speeds? What about the guy who posted (on another forum) to the effect that he’d purchased his Python mainly because he was lofty? How’s he going to fit into his pride and joy?

Other concerns about the front suspension design; which are even more worrying if the suspension really does ‘bottom’, plus the commercial problems in Sri Lanka all add to the bad smell. I’ve no doubt that this product is rotten in that it’ll never be possible, in the light of what’s already known, to believe anything its manufacturer says about it.

I’ll therefore not be brushing this ‘episode’ under the carpet just yet. As I said in my magazine; a course of antibiotics needs to be taken to the very end. Behind the scenes murmurings indicate that the medicine is in fact working.

Den.