View Single Post
Old 29th August 2006, 09:28
Kit Car Dreamer

andy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcarman
So did I…. And so did PetrolTed at the start…. Then he changed his mind. It seems that he believes that I posted there through a third party (which I didn’t) and thereby burnt my bridges.
I find it amazing that you are still banned, especially since the 'other party' that was involved openly posted as someone else and used quite frankly shocking language etc all the time.

I also still think you have a lot to add and that people would want to listen on these forums...... I don't miss the arguments as I too found them very stressful however I suspect we have all moved on from there.

Quote:
That's his loss. I’ve nothing to be ashamed of…. Everything I said there turned out to be true. Even the chap who fronted most of the arguments against me has learnt the hard way. He rejected what I said…. purchased a kit from the person(s) I was warning about…. and finds himself with little more than a pile of scrap.
I do not agree with your first sentace as I think it the PH members loss and yours as its an excellent source of info for you, I'll not comment on your second part of that sentance.....
HOWEVER I have to say your last sentance is entirelly acurate, I did reject your advice and I lost a lot of money and will be happy if I get £1 for the kit on ebay.

Quote:
It certainly is enough - and way beyond my ability to answer. I report what I see; I can’t predict the future. I am different in that I can perhaps influence the future more than most.

Den.

I'd have to agree with Mark, the inustry does need new blood.....

My thoughts are that there are plenty of max power boys who spend more on modding their cars than our kits cost.... they also tend to lose all their cash on resale!
maybe this is a market we should be trying to tap?

How about some joint shows or something similar?
As an ex boy racer (hounest) I once took my Ultima to the largest UK show and ran the quarter mile, I had loads of interest in the car and it even had pics published..... if some of these boys realised they could have a car like that or others for similar money to their 'modded' car and it be worth what they spent I'm sure there would be many converts.
I do remember PH doing a joint show with a custom car organisation.