Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2015, 23:13
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian
Sorry to see this.( I'm on hols in Canada)
If it's any consolation I bought a 330Ci CAT D insurance write off just like yours and bought a bonnet and slam panel (definitely advise you get one too) for £75 off eBay in the right colour and now have it back on the road.
The bonnets for the Touring and Saloon are the same but Coupe and Cabrio are not. Definitely hang on to it.
As a guide to insurance valuation to buy back They make between £700 - £1000 at auction
Have a look at Copart.co.uk

Good luck with your IVA retest - you seem to be making good progress with the annoying mods requested .

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
As if failing my IVA wasn't annoying enough, a kind lorry driver backed over my tow car this evening when he missed his turning and obviously didn't believe there could possibly be anything behind him before slapping it in reverse and launching himself backwards.

It looks bad but I reckon I can buy it back from the insurance company (they've already said it's too old to bother fixing) and get it going again for the price of a second hand bonnet of no fixed colour and some brackets. Could do with putting my car fixing effort in other places at the moment though