View Single Post
Old 4th October 2018, 06:49

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default A tiny bit more.....

I wandered down to the man cave mid morning yesterday and decided to make a little more progress. Out came the drill and the jigsaw and I attacked the access panel outline, hoping that my measurements were correct. After vacuuming the doom dust, as I call it, and removing the protective gear it was time to offer up the pedal box.

I tried balancing it on bits of wood but it didn't want to play so I strung it up Heath Robinson style. The oversized reservoir on the brake master cylinder made optimal positioning impossible so I removed it, I'll have to substitute a regular sized one. I also disced off the top right hand corner of the mounting plate to make it fit up against the footwell more snugly.

Now happy with the way it sat I put it back on the bench to ponder how I would attach it. The front facing bolts can easily be substituted with appropriately longer ones to pass through the bulkhead with a reinforcing plate on the engine bay side. The vertical facing ones will need a transverse bar attached to the body sides to locate them. This will need to be angle.

By now, the noonday sun was turning the cave into an oven, so I packed up.

Regards, Mick