View Single Post
Old 24th July 2013, 10:32

Bobnic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelB View Post
Hi Rob, Of course you won't get a number for your local DVLA office. Do you really think they want to actually talk to the people they are there to serve as public servants........................!! Not if they can help it. It costs too much. Digital by Default is the latest policy. No human interaction whatsoever and that appears to be the way they like it. But that's probably just the cynic inside me coming out!!

I had a completely different story regarding registration of our "kit conversions" from DVLA in Swansea. The first person I spoke to said the vehicle didn't need to be inspected at all. Just send in all the paperwork with your payment and we will issue a registration number and tax disc. The second person said that of course it needed to be inspected and that my only option was a "Q" plate. That's when I gathered together all my documentation and went to my local office. And despite my protestations above, once I got face to face with them they were very helpful, checked all my docs, gave me an appointment for an inspection and a local contact number if I had any further queries. And armed with the original donor V5, they confirmed right there that I would get an age related plate.

I know it's a pain having to make two separate trips to the local DVLA office and that it's a fair old distance for you, but from my experience it is well worth doing.
Just off go to the Oxford DVLA office, with more paperwork than has been produced by the print media since the new royal baby arrived! Hopefully will come back victorious. Will let you know....