View Single Post
Old 14th February 2007, 18:48
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpabit View Post
Hi John.

Doing well mate. When that engine fires, you will have a big grin and well deserved.

Them dials look great. But will they fit in the dash? Or has Marlin changed the dash to fit the honda dials instead of the Rover ones?
Cheers for the words of encouragement - it's always a bit of a nervous time trying to start a 2nd hand engine for the first time, hoping that one hasn't bought an oversized paperweight. I took a bit of gamble with my engine, buying with no warranty (for all they're worth...), but it was pleasing to see it turns over freely.

It'll be interesting to see how your bodywork turns out, as I'm also going for black... in fact my car is going to be a bit of a black hole (black leather seats and dash...).

As for the Honda dials fitting, if (and that's still not proven) I can get them to function acceptably, then I'll chop the Marlin dash about to make them fit - there's not a massive difference, and having a friend who is a boat fitter and a dab hand with fibre glass should mean it won't prove too taxing to modify the dash..... I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_Fella View Post
K Pro the only way to go
Nice to here your engine trying to start
I am still farting about with me bodywork GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! too cold lol
The tinkerer inside me was tempted by the hondata just for interest, so when I discovered my money saving route of using the oem parts wasn't going to happen, I had the ECU off to Abbeymotorsport damn sharpish!

Jerry - there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing! Get out there and finish your car - I want another road legal 5EXI-R to do battle with at the odd trackday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@JNRacing.co.uk View Post
id b very interested to see if it works better thn marlin's box of trix, i was going to go down the same route but lack of time and money ment marlins box is cheaer for the time being. will end up using hondata gear if we tune it but not to sure if are goin to yet. (& if the chassis will take the power)
I think the power question will be answered by John's (marlinturbo) tuned T-series car. If his proves it can handle 300bhp, or if it doesn't initially and then he cooks up some ways of bracing the chassis to handle the power, then I think a supercharged k20a2 will be extremely tempting.

Once my car is road legal (still an enormous distance away), that is when the fun starts - my view is the klt as supplied is simply a baseline from which I can start my own R&D, and start developing some understanding of chassis dynamics.