Thread: Right....
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2008, 08:04
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road

Spike

If you are having problems with the ECU and 5AS give me a PM and I will try to increase you knowledge of the needs. I have full ECU and 5AS pin outs and Technozen can also assist with programming and technical understanding but he lives a long way away...

I have just completed the powered chassis and fitting GRP now. I have a lot of trouble with a sensor fault so went round and round the systems many time before I found the solution (I hope?).

I now have all the nice bits like interior lights on when de-mobilised, hazards flash when locked, clam open switch and automatic FOB detection to demobilise.

The GRP is a developing source of pain so be prepared.

Other nice things to have?

Plugs and sockets on the clam loom
Good engine bracing
Rear suspension changes (talk to Track Developments, 'Alackofspeed', and as well as Marlin)
Hydraulic clutch was recommended to me but you may have gone too far for that, but then again its more difficult later.
Double clip all the plastic pipe to rubber joints after scuffing or belling the plastic ends for good measure
There has been some issues with seat/chassis mounting strength and SVA, one to think about
Inertia reel (three point) seat belt top mount is an SVA issue, and don't use the lotus seat mounted clip either...

Regards

eaa53
(JohnC)