Thread: Right....
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2008, 19:52
Kit Car Dreamer

Mr|Spike is on a distinguished road

Ok... that's some things to digest.
The final stage of my kit is ready and waiting at Marlin HQ, I'm just waiting for my Girlfriend's dad's transit to be free, hopefully on Friday! I will remember to quiz them about the new engine mounts. I bought the first stage of my kit a long time ago so i may have missed out on some of the updated components.

Limpabit,
Chargecooler sounds very interesting. I hung on the the intercooler rad but i wasn’t sure if it was needed. I only have the first build stage CD from Marlin so far, so the latter parts of the build are still a mystery.
I’ll worry about the ECU and immobiliser once the engine is in a state where it can be started (long way off yet I suspect :S)
Power steering pump. I haven’t looked at my engine for a while, it’s buried under junk in the garage but if I remember rightly, the power steering pump and the air conditioning pump seemed to be redundant when used in an EXi but I couldn’t remove them as they were driven by the cam belt... I thought the easiest thing would be to close the circuit and fill with some oil and let the pump carry on pumping. Is this what you’re talking about? Was there ever a Ti engine produced without the PS pump and AC compressor that I could buy the cam belt for?
Mk3 starter, main relay box etc – could you give me a little more info please on what a Mk1, 2, 3 is, are we talking Rover 200 here? I.e. the mk1 is the square shape, mk2 the early bubble 200 and mk3 the facelift Rover 25/MGZ thingy?

Eea53,
Loving the sound of the interior lights, hazard flash, ‘central locking’ for the front/rear clams... I was just gunna buy an aftermarket alarm system to do a similar job.
Automatic fob detection, I love all those sorts of gadgets, I will deffo be coming back to you for more info!
I will be adding plugs and sockets to the clam shells, all lights (if they don’t already come with them) and any other electrical device so it can be easily removed.
I have mounted my seats by attaching 2 studs to each of the pair of rails per seat. I then drilled 8 holed right through the bottom of the EXi, and bolted them from underneath. I used 4 x 4mm metal plates to reinforce the underside and these plates in tern will be bolted to the chassis rails..You think I have a chance with the SVA?
Getting excited one pay-day, I bought some 4-point harnesses off eBay . After they turned up I suddenly thought, are 4-point harnesses even road legal? Will they pass the SVA? And apart from that, the harnesses aren’t branded. They don’t even have any marks on them to say they have been tested or comply to any sort of standard! Anyone got any info on harnesses?

Looking back through the forums topics, I read a fairly heated discussion about the front upper wishbone fouling the springs. What was the outcome of this?

Thanks everyone for your assistance