View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 18:14

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Prescott Today

Today's sortie in the A352 was to Prescott Speed Hill Climb, which is only about eight miles from here in Gloucester. The event was The Cheltenham Cleeve Vale Rotary Club 'Classics Drive The Hill' charity event which is in its fifth year but is a new one for me. Entrance was a modest £15 for spectators. Every time I visit this venue I muse that it would be my absolute top favourite, were it not for Shelsley Walsh. I'm blessed having both within easy driving distance, as also is Castle Combe

Synchronicity was to the fore again, with the Buckler Club having half a dozen or so examples on display and a Fiat Quinquecento parked near me with Abarth Clips! Wierd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley

Car of the show for me was a Buckler of which I only took analogue photo's. I loved that it had three slim wood blocks holding the rear of the bonnet just clear of the scuttle for additional cooling. Abarth clips is the technical term, I believe

An old four wheeled friend from last year was in the paddock but I didn't manage to catch the owner for a chat.

I took a stroll to the top of the hill early, no other spectators at all. Once again, as at my first meeting there last year, the bluebells were worth the entrance fee on their own. The 'Classics Drive The Hill' got under way whilst I was up there: a Lagonda and two genuine GT40s had been and gone before I got out the digi. camera, having been snapping analogue. On the way back down a Berkeley passed me in some distress, conked out, refused to start and was ignominiously pushed away by marshals .

This week's car of the show for me was this divine A110 Alpine with a slightly naff Irish reg. no. I'll forgive him.

My own car didn't enjoy the prestigious company it has had at recent events, but I had to field many compliments from other punters. A good day out all round

Regards, Mick