View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:42

IanA is on a distinguished road

I went to the Old Ford Rally at the British Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon yesterday.

This year I was very impressed by the site itself- no more parking on gravel, lots of tarmac parking areas nicely landscaped and marked out. There are 24hour toilets and showers for the over-nighters as well. The camping area is still on a windy ridge but it has a good view of the show. I gift-aided my entry fee so have free entrance to the museum for a year.
I had a quick look around the ground floor of the Jaguar museum building but the only other person there was a lady polishing the fingermarks off of some of the cars. The upstairs area is still rammed having seen it through the windows whilst driving past to the new car park. A shame as there are some interesting cars up there but too close together. The Sunbeam Alpine Club also had a gathering in one of the car parks- they got 78 cars there...
I saw this on one of them- it had a set of stainless wires with "reverse ear" spinners. Never seen ones like that before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3456.jpg (99.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3432.jpg (110.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by IanA; 5th October 2019 at 18:34.. Reason: No more tinypic