Thread: Nimrod @ 36
View Single Post
Old 20th June 2008, 20:14
Kit Car Dreamer

mikejupp is on a distinguished road
Default Hot Nimrods

Hi Alex!
Firstly, congratties and thanks, for keeping one of Ray and my Nimrods alive!
If you goto-

http://www.webnet2000.cc/mikejupp/mo..._id=17&forum=9

You'll see my car (Nimrod production #1 ) and a few others!

My Nimrod had the same heating problem, which was easy to solve. It's slashing down with rain here in Bognor Regis this evening...but as soon as I can, I'll take a photo of the engine bay and post it up.
You'll see that I've added a plastic header tank. It only holds a pint or so of water, but that's enough to do the trick! (Without cutting horrible scoop holes in the bodywork) Mine hasn't ever overheated since 1972.
As for the colour! I imagine yours is still the original gel-coat? You might want to do what I did and re-spray the white bodywork with Ford 'Diamond White'
It's such a small car that it wouldn't cost THAT much!
What I do suggest is that you put some graphics lining along the bodywork. (take a look at what I've done) I did it to break up the slab-sided housebrick feel of the vehicle. When I originaly designed it, I wanted the roof to go all the way to the back. That would have made a lot of difference to the profile. However neither Ray or I could afford the aluminium extrusion and the tooling neccessary to make it! So we're stuck with what we've got.

It's spooky that your mesage came in this evening...mine's going to have some exhaust pipe replacement tomorrow to get it through its MOT.
I've got a Cherry Bomb 'silencer'(?) on my car, you might want to do the same?
Keep in touch Alex, here and on my Nimrod thread!!
Cheers,
Mike Jupp