View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:31

Jeffr4 is on a distinguished road
Default design and build a new kitcar the Q Sport

Hello, I am Jeffrey from Holland and I came upto this forum, because I follow the Tribute MX 250 from Chris as I just love this kit for the MX5 and hope and wait if he is gone take the changes, like the sidewindow and Aston Martin front look, in production.I wait for that, because I am very busy in designing and building a complete 2 seater cabrio with a lot of englisch car influence ,especially the Morgan, on a Renault R4 chassisframe. The main reason is that this chassis is a bolt-on one, like the 2CV or VW Beetle (old type) and you can use the whole technical part with the lisence/plates etc and in Holland you just need a MOT. So it is an existing car and you only change the model, which is allowed in our country.
In this way you keep it affordable and with the front watercooled engine, the torsionbars etc it is a comfortable driving open cabrio!
The standard 1100 cc GTL engine from a Renault R4 will have enough power to cruise around with this light construction, especially we use the modern enforced flexibel composiet, so strong and light and...thin, so not one piece thick bath-tub.
But also a Super5 1400cc injection engine is possible and even with a modern Garrett Turbo for much more power , I build this configuration in my blue R4.
Picture from a earlier project with my son looking proud behind the steering :

This one is inspired by a MG TF and on a 2CV base and now on a Renault 4 base and inspired by the Morgan.
Just started, but you can follow my webpage (It's in Dutch, sorry maybe Google translation will help)

http://jeffr4.weebly.com/design--bui...lle-sport.html

Last edited by Jeffr4; 15th February 2015 at 11:03..
Available from eBay