View Single Post
Old 25th June 2014, 19:37

Hammy is on a distinguished road

I got the missing bootlid today, I think I lucked out well here as it was the only one on ebay, I wont be cutting it about as yet because it will be saleable if this project fails.......

I got some great help with some initial photoshop work on the Mk3 MR2 and Mk1 MX5.....

Ive asked the very kind gent if he'd like to do some paid photoshop work for me as I'd like to move the lines about a bit but at the moment Im leaning towards the MX5 as the window lines are great and the MX is much lower than the MR2. Ive had some good feedback from kit builders and enthusiasts and some crap feedback from others BUT these are only one shot at photoshop mainly to look at wheelbase and window lines. Im regretting calling the thread Europa replica as really its just supposed to be a modern take on a great old historic and poignant piece of Chapmans work that came about after a row with Henry Ford about it being badged Ford for Le Mans and Chapman telling him where to get off, subsequently a lot of the design was robbed by Lola and they supplied Ford the Le Mans car. Chapman then used it as a replacement for the 7 and again it was offered in kit form, once again to avoid car tax like the 7. I think the bottom line is that the original Lotus Europa remains a Marmite car but I for one have always loved it since I was a kid.

Last edited by Hammy; 25th June 2014 at 20:04..