View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:59

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.

My, oh my, what a wonderful day.

Don't worry, the cold weather hasn't finally driven me mad.

No, as despite being very cold from working outside this morning, I now have a warm glow on the inside.

You see, as I was taking a cup of coffee upstairs to upload this morning's photos, I checked for any post.

There was a brown envelope from Swansea that rapidly turned me into a small child at Christmas.

It was opened as I repeatedly chanted "Please let it be right" and I can now officially declare...

I have in my hand a piece of paper.

Which means it is finally time to reveal the Model name I have chosen for my V5C.

I didn't not want to use 'Sammio Cordite', as the original kit was such a stinking pile of .

( No offence intended to Sammio Spyders, Ribble Navigator MkIIs, Miglia Speedsters, etc. which were miles better all round. )

But I really liked the idea of using an alternative British WWII aircraft name to replace the original Spitfire.

Unfortunately, the obvious choice of Hurricane was already used by another car, a kit car & a motorcycle.

However, I found something else, and thought its connection with water seemed appropriate for my outdoor build.

So it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you the world's first Triumph Swordfish.

Now I must admit to making a complete hash of the application process by asking all the wrong questions.

So finally seeing this revised Model name in black & white on my V5C is a huge relief.

As an added bonus, there was no requirement for an inspection, which saved me hiring a trailer.

Whilst I remain a long way from getting this car on the road, this is still a high point of the build for me.

A special word of thanks to blooka & cbjroms for their help "behind the scenes".

Similarly, if I can help anyone else through this process, feel free to PM me.

Foot Note:
I originally wanted Swordfish 1500 as my Model name to tie in with my donor Spitfire 1500.

Whilst there would have been space for this in the Model line of the V5C, there wasn't in the Make line.
( There appears to be a limit of 20 characters in that "box". )

Anyway, I have to go back outside shortly to continue today's work & will post a normal update later on.

In the meantime...

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.

My, oh my, what a wonderful day.