View Single Post
Old 12th March 2017, 12:26

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Primer filler painted yesterday, I was using the 2.5 nozzle cheap gun I used for the reface. I was a bit worried as they recommend a 1.8>2.0 nozzle. Good news is that it went on perfectly, good coverage and no runs. I fact it went on so well I'm tempted to do the top coat as well, but I know that if I do I will only fcuk it up.
I have been spraying the inside of the gazebo with the remaining thinners in the gun that I leave in it when not in use, this kills any bugs or flies. Then pull back 2 flaps when spraying to keep the mist down. As soon as I have finished spraying, drop the flaps and fire up the space heater. So far all my panels have come out very well with no flies or bugs landing in the wet paint which I have always found a problem.

I would suggest that if anyone buys a kit that they ask for the gel coat to be any colour other than white. It has been very hard to see any imperfections or low/high spots, same with the recoat. As soon as the grey primer filler was applied everything became much easier to see.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 12th March 2017 at 17:07..