View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 05:57

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Be careful what you wish for.
The DNA 2fifty was a superbly finished kit with real attention to detail, it was also, rightly so, a lot more expensive. The trouble is that the resale value was so high that they are now not available as kits so unless you have very deep pockets you can't have one.

The 250SWBc, only has 2 problems, the fact the bonnet needs the slice and the fit & function of the door skins.
The bonnet slice I imagine would be an easy fix, it just needs the "slice" done to the inner bonnet mould. The door skin needs a bit more work and a small adjustment to the shape of the back of the bonnet. It also need different door skins for the coupe and convertible due to the sliding window set up on the coupe.
Again not major jobs, the kit is 95% there as it is.
On the positive side, I have had to use very little filler and the front and rear clips fit very well. It is also an easy build and ideal for your first kit.
The trouble is when you are building your own car you know where the little problems are, such as gapping around the bonnet, as soon as I see a finished car my eyes immediately go to the gaps on the bonnet and doors. Small thing that is easily done right but it takes a bit of time to get it right, but if it was that easy everyone would have one and what would be the fun in that. The other point to make, and the point of the forum is' to point out where the problems are to help other builders, there are no posts to say how well certain bits fit or how easy another part of the build is except of course for the final pictures.
I am hoping for my great reveal at the BBQ, if anyone mentions my gaps there's going to be trouble!

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 18th May 2017 at 06:01..