View Single Post
Old 9th April 2014, 09:44

steve129 is on a distinguished road
Default spider 129

Hi all.
Thanks for the nice comments, the insurance issue seems to be entirely to do with age.
They are Land Rover seats, the deluxe version from Exmoor trim. I welded up some square tube to the right angle and then used some generic sliders from one of the kitcar parts suppliers. I spent ages trying to find something that was narrow enough at the top, that didnt jam against the rear corner of the cockpit. In the end, on the drivers side, I cut out the curved section and altered it to allow the seat to move more. I had the seat nice and low to start off by fixing straight to the fibreglass floorpan. There was movement and a creaking noise, so i bonded in some 9mm ply. This stiffened it all up and allowed me to get the floor level.
They are indeed LED number plate lights. I think they look neat and they passed the MOT!
I have to admit that the rear view mirror is naff!! It is a Halfords item that I used when teaching the kids to drive. I havent found anyhting i like yet, but i am still looking, regardless of selling the car.
Again, it passed an MOT!!!
Will find some plastic caps hopefully.
Regards to all.
Steve.