Thread: Miglia Build
View Single Post
Old 24th March 2015, 08:46

51tintop is on a distinguished road
Default Miglia Build

Hi everyone,
First of all I would like to say that I am very new to kit cars and in fact new to cars in general, so please bare with me while I ask lots of silly questions.
I have been lurking on this forum for a while trying to get my head around Sammio, Ribble and Miglia and thanks to some very useful links by Paul L I think I now know who did what and what is available.
I am very keen on owning a 1950's style Italian inspired sports car. I've been reading through some of the fantastic build threads here and in particular Mr Toweds silver build, DaveCymrus build and I'd probably say Mike from Miglias red car he did for for his customer in Germany (?) is pretty much exactly the direction I would like to go.
I've been looking into prices of a turnkey car from Mike at Miglia and have spoken to him briefly but the more I look into it the more I think I am going in the direction of building the car myself. Mike seems like a pretty busy guy.
Hopefully no one will mind me posting my build thread on here, making lots of school boy errors and asking lots of really basic( silly) questions?
the build will be a little way off yet as I have yet to see a Miglia in person, a few of the reason the Miglia appeals to me is the ease of registration and I believe the driver can sit lower in the cockpit ( I'm about 6'1" tall) and don't want to look like noddy. I also gather Mikes kits are very well thought out and well made, plus I like the idea of using an 'older' donor as opposed to an MX5/Z3.
So firstly I am still very much in the researching stage but would be interested in hearing any ones comments on my choice of Miglia or any suggestions as to what other kits/packages I could look at that are in a similar vein?
I'd also be very keen on seeing any similar cars in person and was wondering if any ribble/sammio/Miglia builds will be at Stoneligh in May? and if so would you mind sparing me a few minutes of your time there?
Thanks for the inspiration, there is some amazing work on this forum!
Available from eBay