View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 20:02
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

It's been a while but I finally spent some time (well several days) with Chris and Dan at TRIBUTE HQ working on the A1 Alpha.

It the past the body was stretched and widened to fit the Spitfire chassis so It was just a case of continuing the work already started.

You will notice the rear baulk head is tall and round this is to make the seating position look lower and give room for the fuel tank which has been mover forward in front of the rear axle. It actually bolts on to the original rear cockpit frame.

There are some wheel arch issues but we'll sort then later. This one is how I would like them all to look

The rear end fits well and it makes sense to make a boot. The boot lid is an original MGA lid found by Chris.

The boot is now bigger than the original Spitfire boot.

We wanted to make the fitting of the body as easy as possible so used the front sills and original bonnet shut line as a reference points.

The finished mould will have a flange designed to sit over and butt-up against these points thus making the task of lining-up the body easier.

There was always going to be a flip front but Chris decided to make it a little rounder

We think the curves make it look a softer fit.

After much work we rested

At some point after this thing went a crazy
I think it was to much posh chocolate, but the resulting changes really worked.
I'll post the photos tomorrow