View Single Post
Old 28th September 2016, 07:09

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Gary - Are you acting as a "selling/build agent" for Tribute, or have you officially taken over these 3 kits?

The Ebay advert gives the impression you are only selling the fibreglass parts, or is any internal framework included?
( Clearly the A352 requires less metalwork compared to the Spyder & Speedster. )

Either way, I genuinely wish you well in your new venture.

However, I hope you don't mind me making one suggestion towards your future success…

Please don't quote "starting" prices for what you will charge a customer for your kit building services.

As you need to ensure that you get paid fully for any work that you do and are not left out of pocket.
( This was something you didn't do properly in the past, leading to knock on problems. )

By all means, provide proper estimates when you have more details of the donor car and build standard required.
( Race car "survivor" vs. "just rolled off the production line". )

Buying a "cheap" kit to build yourself is one thing, getting a bespoke car build by a professional is another.

For your business to be a success you need to consistently "Under promise and over deliver."
( I know it sounds harsh written down, but in the past you sometimes did the complete opposite of this. )

For example, I used JY Classics to help me with my Cordite and this was their approach:
- They explained their hourly rates and approach over the phone before collecting the car.
- Once the car arrived, they had checked it over and only then provided a written estimate.
- No work started before I agreed with the price quoted and their caveats around "unknowns".
- They checked back with me when any problems came up (e.g. rear wheel alignment).
- They regularly emailed me updates on their progress and included photos.
- Overall, a very professional service, where the bill at the end had no surprises in it.
- So I was happy to pay, will use them again and am happy to recommend them to others.

Anyway, I hope you read this with the good intentions that it was written with.

Good luck, Paul.