View Single Post
Old 29th September 2016, 22:26

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post
Time to put this to bed!!!!!

When I was approached to continue this saga I was a little surprized so entered with much caution.
I knew there had been issues with both Gary and Andy and it's reputation was questionable but, I though the business foundations were solid so followed it through.
OK ....

Quote:
One thing was for sure it would take a lot of time, money and effort.
I wanted to protect my investment the best way I could hence the trade mark.
OK....

Quote:
It turned out I was right to do so as the only thing worth saving was the original Spyder mould and the SAMMIO name.
My understanding was you only got the moulds and not all of them as the Cordite moulds appeared on ebay about a year ago and you didn't get any of the framejigs

Quote:
This trade mark has been in place for a little over a year with no problem or issues until now and that's only because there was a misunderstanding between a few people.
That misunderstanding is now sorted.
Nearly 2 years - but thats not important ...I haven't had any conversation which has sorted out any misunderstanding.

Quote:
To sum up.
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder body please get in contact and buy one.
Agreed.......... buying from source is best ...so Im assuming Tribute are out of the equation as far as supply enquiries are concerned ?

Quote:
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder body and don't want to build it yourself please ask me to build it for you.
Agreed . It would certainly make sense to keep builds in-house if that is a viable and credible option .

Quote:
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder and don't want to build it yourself, don't want me to build it for you but want some body else to build it for you please ask first.
Sorry mate ..regardless of how sewn up you think you have secured the name and brand ...once someone buys it from you and it becomes their property , I would assume ( show me the legislation that proves me wrong ) they are free to enter into a contract with anyone they want to build that car..I should imagine your 'grip' will be loosened even more when bodies and projects change hands in the second hand market place ....or should all proposed sales be offered back to you for first refusal ? Good luck with that !!

How will you ensure buyers honour your wishes ? sign a contract ? Would a buyer who refuses to sign the contract be turned away ?

Quote:
Only this way can keep some degree of quality control regarding the build standard and go some way to protecting and getting a return on my investment.
RUDE . What about quality control on self builds ? how are you going to stop shoddy homebuilds from tarnishing the brand and affecting your investment ?
Are you saying that your build quality is of a higher standard than anybody else ? We had a Tribute Agent making similar claims recently and he has crashed and burned quite dramatically as a result of his attitude . How do you intend to make your assessment on professional builders ability ?

Quote:
In simple terms a kit sale results in a few hours work and a few hundred pounds profit but a kit build result in a few weeks work and a few thousand pounds profit.
And your point is ?? Obviously a few hours payment will always be less than a few weeks work ..that applies to everything ...are you saying you resent the fact that a builder would , in return for their labour , be getting more money from the kit purchase scenario than the original supplier ? Surely , in most cases the cost of having your Cobra , Ferrari replica , whatever ,built professionally will be greater than the initial kit purchase ? To say , I want all the money from the process , I must make all the money , is just a bit blinkered , childish , greedy ..? whatever you want to call it ...

Quote:
The SAMMIO Spyder is around 5 years old but the body is a timeless shape (a credit to GJ ) and still receives potential purchase inquires of around 5 a month so it's worth saving.
Around 7 and a half years old actually ..but thankyou for the compliment .. 5 enquiries a month ? whos getting the enquiries ? Chris hasn't been and hes been at the helm for a while now ....I asked to offer the bodies alongside Chris's other bodies because Chris was disappointed in the lack of interest they all get for various reasons , mostly lack of promotion ...

Quote:
IMHO the only reason the Spyder is still going are the stunning cars built by you the owners who not only build them drive them and show them off you even promote them to the public! Many thanks.
Agreed , some very credible cars have been created over the last 7 years , a great community has also grown up alongside the builds ..and its the forum thats probably kept the brand buoyant ...certainly not self promotion

Quote:
That said the moulds are getting tired and will need a makeover soon,
Yes they do ....

Quote:
Maybe even make them fit a new donor, the shape wouldn't change just what's underneath, the MX5 Mk2 is only an inch different in the wheelbase??? .
REALLY Bad idea ... lots of reasons why that wont work on a commercial basis .....The shape would have to change quite dramatically to avoid IVA ...Trust me , I know the shape very well and I looked at the MX5 option and , although a car can be built around the donor , it will be significantly different to the current S*mmio

Quote:
The original cage-frame jig was destroyed but due to popular demand I have been asked to start making the cage-frames to complete the Spyder package, this is some thing I will do over the next few weeks once I get my hands on a Spyder body.
Good idea ...But where are all the frame enquiries coming from as no ones bought any volume of bodies for about 3 years ...who buys a S*mmio framework only for their Herald donor ? ....NASA ?

Quote:
As for the web site information. For the past 3 months I have been on a rolling 4 week notice period to quit my unit due to a planning application so I am hoping for the best but planning for the worst.
OH ...So the Sammio Motor Company may be moving ? The wording on the website suggested differently to me , but thats cool ...hopefully the upheaval of moving wont affect your builds too much ..

Quote:
Trust everyone is now happy the big-bad trade mark man will not come and get you and your SAMMIO in the night.
Not happy no ...and no intention of not building a S*mmio for someone if I'm asked to do so ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 29th September 2016 at 23:26.. Reason: aded more frustrations , more questions and punctuation corrections