View Single Post
Old 12th February 2012, 00:38

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

I've been there 5 times in 40 years. Quit my last job in disgust after 5 years so only 4-1 to 'them'!

I can only commiserate, it may be a painful experience but it is transient and there are opportunities and alternatives out there as Grey V8 Pete says.

Being in the right place at the right time sometimes helps and so does knowing the right people - so keep networking as someone you know may be able to help in the future. There is no social stigma attached to 'redundancy' these days as the term merely reflects a company's desire to downsize in order to maintain its financial bottom line and to keep its shareholders happy - while maintaining the chief execs grotesque bonus..

Have seen your website and your talents in that direction surpass my own efforts considerably. There are any number of skill sets which may be transferable from one industry to another and a large number of people have been able to use even their interests or hobby skill sets to advance themselves into areas they would not normally consider.. (A vet re builds motorcycle/kit car/aeroplane/racing car/helicopter; a handyman builds a narrow boat - are you kidding?).

You can only take it as it comes - don't despair, keep an open mind and all options open. This probably doesn't help but thought you'd like to know there are others out here in similar circs. Best wishes for the future..