Thread: Right....
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:50
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Spike.

You've got most of them. Another is chargecooler. One project I'm looking at now. As intercooler in it's current position, is causing more harm than good.

Make sure you have the "new" turbo engine mounts from Marlin. This sets the position better for the driveshafts.

Rover used a quite few different ECU's throughout the Rover range. These varied, dissy or wasted, flywheel gap. Also can with an immobilser separate paired with ECU.

Matt gave me a good tip. Get ECU (when you get it), decode for immobilisation. A lot of the Rover guys use Best of Bristish. Matt has used these to decode.
http://www.automotiveecu.co.uk/aecu....&mainpage=home

Don't forget power steering pump. Either electric conversion (can be costly) or fluid to run it.

Use mk3 starter, main relay box, etc. Nice and neat. Rover 800 ECU holder. Can hold ECU and relay box together. Mk3 fuse box.

I used the mk2 fuel pump and sender unit from the turbo. But need some anti surge as it cuts when fuel is low and going a bit quick around corners.

Enough to be getting on with. If I think of some other "turbo"tips, I'll post them up.