View Single Post
Old 31st July 2010, 19:09

PaulC is on a distinguished road

I didn't actually build the Banham. Bought it from some loon who had intended to turn it into an electric car (bear in mind this was about nine or ten years ago). He'd spent ridiculous amounts of money paying back-street bodgers to build it for him before passing to someone with a clue then running out of money. I bought it for a fraction of his expenditure and just about everyone I ever spoke to about Banhams said "Nice ideas, shame about the quality". Stories abound of people having to cut doors in half and rebuilding them.

Spats? Hmmmmmmm, not sure. In my mind's eye I'm hoping for something similar to the D24 with wire wheels and it would be a shame to hide them behind spats. On the other hand if I have to settle for slots (I'm wondering about hub fittings) they might look ok. How difficult would it be to offer them as an option? They'd need to be quick releasing anyway, camlocks or Dzus fasteners perhaps, for wheel changes. Let me search for pictures of a few cars with them and ponder a bit more.

Might take you up on that visit. I work a week on/off roster so am often around midweek. Would call first of course.

I sent you a PM last week with a link to a renovated Spitfire chassis on eBay, did you get it? There are a couple of other interesting projects there at the moment too. A Pilgrim Hawthorn of any interest to you? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT