View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:25

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Prescott Breakfast Club

Sunday's sortie in the A352 was to the above event. It's very low key with attendance on an entirely ad hoc basis. Lucky was there in his donor car to greet me on arrival. Turnout wasn't fantastic, although there were some, to my taste, gems in attendance.

This glorious Spider had me singing 'Mrs Robinson' in my head for the rest of the morning. For those of you too young to get the connection - link. It was mercilessly aped in Wayne's World II, link .

This early Gilbern was taking part in a European tour whose members were parked in the orchard away from we mortals: they were walking the hill and visiting the Bugatti Trust Museum. Many of them were in Edwardian dress, including a delightful couple from across the pond who were very interested in my creation. The young lady was fascinated by my letter-box boot, asking for a look inside, a first for me!

Blatting down the almost deserted roads with the six pot purring on the cool moist morning air had me hoping the prospective purchaser from France doesn't show..........

Regards, Mick