Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 1st February 2012, 21:35

Grey V8 Pete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree11 View Post
Peter,

Hmmmm.I dont have the bodywork yet and i Thought when I completed the trial fitment that it looks a bit close to the edge!

I was not aware that this had been an issue in the past or about the packing washers. Have you any pics?

If necessary it wont be a problem to do, I guess that it only changes the line of action of the pushrod minimally?

John
Hi John. I don't have any meaningful pics of the washers and it is now all covered up by the silicone sealant. However the washers should only be needed with an old style pedal box which has a front face parallel to the bulkhead. I understand from Mike that the later ones had the front face at an angle, so the packing washers are theoretically no longer required. With the washers in place on my servo mounting, the push rod lines up with the original assymetric pedal bolt like Marlin built it. This means that my new clevis is still all on one side of the pedal (with a spacer fitted between the legs to prevent them squeezing together). In the future I would like to make an offset link as illustrated in an earlier forum post. Regarding alignment of the push rod I guess that my clevis would have fitted either side of the pedal if it hadn't been neccessary to offset the servo to clear the bonnet edge. Peter.