View Single Post
Old 14th August 2016, 18:17

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Good evening all , i needed to go to B+Q on Friday last and decided to go in the SWB , jumped in fired it up and instead of idling smoothly at about 1200 when cold , it idled lumpily at 750 when i flicked the accelerator it cut out and would not restart . Did the B+Q run then tried starting again eventually fired up but idled roughly , decided at this point to check the plugs (nu 1) which was black so walked down to the local accessory shop in the village to buy a set (6) of NGK`s finest , £52 after discount , the guy in the shop suggested that the plugs would probably not be the problem but suggested buying a "coil pack" then testing each coil pack in turn till the faulty one was found . This was about 13:30 they ordered one in to arrive before 16:15 , which it did , as the coil pack was off Nu1 i replaced that one turned the engine over and after a few seconds sprung into life (happy days) have been back to the shop to say thank you and have ordered another as a spare . I am pretty sure my first car a 997cc Ford Anglia did not have coil packs and seemed to run OK! thanks Geoff .