View Single Post
Old 19th December 2016, 20:24

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Funnily enough I fitted a dash-cam to my daily driver, the awesome 2007 Nissan Micra, due to the appallingly bad driving that too many people display on the roads today.

When people drive drunk, too fast for the road conditions (and/or driver ability) or while talking on a handheld mobile phone their driving is often noticeably bad and obviously stupid and dangerous.

These days though, there are people who check their social media threads while driving, and I'd argue that their driving is more dangerous than drink drivers (as proven on an episode of 'mythbusters').

The trigger for me to buy a dash-cam was the car ahead of me swerving all over the road in the dark on the way into work as its young, female driver turned on the interior light every thirty seconds and lifted a tablet up to look at the screen. During a particularly lengthy bit of screen staring she hit the kerb, over-corrected and came within a second of going head-on into an HGV coming the other way.

After driving steadily for about another two minutes the interior light came back on as I presume she felt the need to tweet about her near death experience.

Okay, so I had kept a decent distance behind her as a safety zone (which itself led me to have an Audi W*nker tailgating me in nose to tail traffic in a 40 limit at 40 because I wasn't tailgating the car ahead so I could clearly be going faster for a few nanoseconds until having to slow for tablet girl) so there wasn't much danger to me, but if she had gone under the truck I'd have been late for work and we can't have that.

Anyway, rant over, dash-cam for Crimbo is good idea.